this is a private blog for my design students and assorted other survivors. Tro blemakers all
this is a private blog for my design students and assorted other survivors. Tro blemakers all.
this is a private blog for my design students and assorted other survivors. Tro blemakers all.
this is a private blog for my design students and assorted other survivors. Tro blemakers all.

Thursday, February 12, 2009
















design 1 & 2

interestingly, and as if somehow secretly synchronized ... , two former students e-mailed me virtually simultaneously with an item they both thought might interest me, or be of some use to my classes.

That they're both very talented young designers, and doing rather well further made me suspect a conspiracy of some kind ... regardless, here are the links, give the matter your due consideration and we will, in honour of Duc Tran and Mohammed Thiam, discuss the issue of " fair use " in class. Neglect at your peril.


http://blog.iso50.com/2009/02/06/ap-sues-shepard-fairey/ and http://www.printmag.com/design_articles/MiltonGlaseronShepardFairey/tabid/492/Default.aspx

9 comments:

Ramzi Houdeib said...

how very Andy Warholian!

ani said...

that's actually somewhat true.. warhol seemed to have gotten away with it and i don't see any referencing original photos anywhere near his work...

Radio Free Pescado said...

hmmm, but didn't Andy use the images in a completely unique way ? thus re-interpreting, re-inventing the image ?

Ramzi Houdeib said...

yea true...
A truly warholian image would have repetitions and plain colors

That was bad wording on my part he

sean said...

Duc really was one of your best students, it's true!

Radio Free Pescado said...

I said former students - not best, nor mine, you putz. Doesn't anybody read anymore ? Fewer magazines, more literature I say !

sean said...

well played...

Ramzi Houdeib said...

Speaking of literature,
Ive been reading Marcus Aurelius...highly recommended for anyone who's bored with Britney and Chris Brown!

Darklyte said...

@ Sean: yeah you putz!