this is a private blog for my design students and assorted other survivors. Tro blemakers all
this is a private blog for my design students and assorted other survivors. Tro blemakers all.
this is a private blog for my design students and assorted other survivors. Tro blemakers all.
this is a private blog for my design students and assorted other survivors. Tro blemakers all.

Sunday, November 23, 2008




alejandra laviada - photo sculptures
danziger projects, new york
october 11 - november 22, 2008

alejandra laviada explores both photography and sculpture in her artwork. she assembles found objects into unusual arrays and configurations and then photographs them. this process aims to transform the way we look at these ordinary objects. she was born in mexico city and later studied in the united states before returning home. this exhibit focuses on her most recent series, ‘photo sculptures’. the exhibit will also be her debut american solo show.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

It's really cool how she is able to change something so simple into that. There's an elegance to it especially the one with the paint rollers? (sorry I don't know how it's called...) I really love the colours in that one too!

And at the same time, I wanna share a videoclip of a band from Uruguay, the song is great and you understand spanish a bit so I guess it's okay for you ^^ . I find it changes from the usual videos =), it has a certain wit to it in my opinion, the way they play with words and meanings.

Watch video

Radio Free Pescado said...

yes, they're paint rollers and I agree that the elegant transformation of the objects is fascinating. I think you got it spot on !

the band is great too and so is the animated text.

thanks !